Office Cubicle Sales – FREE Quote 713-412-3090
Cubicles, better known as office cubicles, cubicle workstations, or cubicle desks, are partially enclosed workspace that is separated from abutting workspaces by means of partitions that are four to six feet in height. By description, the cubicle has to be a simple cube. Office cubicle’s purpose is to separate workers from interruptions and noise that are found in open workspaces and reduce the level of distraction. Modular components like work surfaces, drawers, overhead storage bins, and shelving are the fundamental elements of cubicles. Cubicles can be configured to meet personal needs.
Office cubicles provide impressive benefits over conventional offices and open workspaces. While sheetrock offices are expensive and require extensive construction and renovation of walls and windows are not required for their installation. Cubicles are produced in such a way that they can be shortened or extended or have their locations modified according to the space requirements of the office.
Office Cubicle Advantages
- Office cubicles are beneficial when it comes to placing every employee working in a team together, rather than providing each professional with a separate and individual office.
- Moreover, installing cubicles also help in reducing the level of investment as far as furniture and storage spaces are concerned. Team staffers can be motivated to use the overhead bins for storage. This will encourage corporations to save the cost of giving each person a personalized locker.
- Moving workstations is also more manageable, as employee has to pack their personal effects in a box and move to another cubicle that looks exactly like the prior one.
- When compared to open spaces, office cubicles allow workers to add their own touch to their workspace. They might put up pictures and little mementos that help to lighten their mood and boost performance.
- Cubicles encourage communication between co-workers in a lot of ways. It is easier for team supervisors to address all the workers of their team together as they are seated in one location. Employees working on a common assignment can collaborate easily between themselves. It is also more manageable for administrators to address a team as a whole in one location rather than having to relocate to the conference room for the planned proposals or reports.
- It is easier for the administrator to watch the activities of their subordinates.
- Seventhly, similar and equal working space help to generate a feeling of identity among co-workers.
- Office cubicles also promote movement between the rows and workstations, as the tall separating partitions give a clear idea about the passageways.
In spite of the many advantages, there is one drawback that office cubicles cause. Businesses, in their approach to cut costs, often settle on the size of the cubicles. The result is that too many workers get packed up in small spaces and there is a shortage of ventilation. There are also risks of viral outbreak of illnesses, and too many people working and talking together can be more distracting than productive.
Despite these facts, no one can doubt the advantage of installing cubicles in workspaces. Not only do they help maximize floor space, look clean and achieve proper departmental separation, but they also improve the level of productivity by cutting down on distractions of sounds and sights.
If you’re trying to decide which is the right style and size office cubicles for your office space, our professional staff can assist. Using your guidelines, we’ll show you which cubicle systems are best for the way you do business. Give us a call today at 713-412-3090 for a free quote, and learn about all of the ways that Cubicle World can meet your office furniture needs.